Changes in Short Term Residence Permit Applications With Touristic Purposes
Recently, the appointment dates and times of residence permit applications were commenced to be notified to the applicants via smsby the Directorate General for Migration Management instead of enabling the applicant to determine a specific date by himself.
Although there has been no amendment in the legislation and no official announcement has been made by the Directorate General for Migration Management, further changes have been made with respect to the short term residence permits with touristic purposes.
We would like to emphasize that the information given below shall be drafted solely based on our experiences and correspondences with Directorate General for Migration Management and may be subject to change any time.
Short term residence permits with touristic purposes will be given for maximum 1 (one) year for the initial application and may be extended only for particular cases when the authorities are highly convinced that the renewal is required.
The required documents have been changed as well and the below additional documents shall be added to the previous documentation:
- Birth certificate of the applicant (Notarized and apostilled OR certified by General Consulate of Republic of Turkey and Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other authorized institutions)
- Criminal record of the applicant obtained from the country of nationality (Notarized and apostilled OR certified by General Consulate of Republic of Turkey and Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other authorized institutions)
- Criminal record of the applicant obtained from Republic of Turkey
- Health report, indicating that the applicant has no disease threating the public health,obtained from public general hospitals in Republic of Turkey
- Notarized undertakings given by the residents who will host the applicant may not be likely to be accepted anymore. In addition to the notarized lease agreement, photocopy of the title deed, numbering document obtained from municipality andtitle deed continuation document obtained from Directorate of Land Registry shall be required.
- Explanation and supportive documents for the purpose of residence
In conclusion, it seems obtaining short term residence permits with touristic purposes will be more difficult than ever with these new requirements. Making the landlord to collect documents from Municipality and Directorate of Land Registry or obtaining health report from specific public hospitals may be troublesome for the foreigners.
For further information, please kindly contact us.
Att. Selin GÖK